The origins of Autosparks date back to around the 1920's when it’s founder, Mr Henry Colomb, formed an electrical business in Beverley Road, Hull.
Under the ownership of Henry and the management of Mr Cliff Dalton, Autosparks Ltd flourished and by the 1980’s was a well-established and well-respected company.
Meanwhile Roger Davis started R D Components, in November 1977, initially manufacturing and selling spares for the legendary BSA Gold Star motorcycle. Within 12 months the company were doing full restorations and one of the items they had to make was the wiring harness, this lead to the development of virtually a full range of harnesses for all post-war British motorcycles, harnesses for classic cars and eventually into manufacturing for the prestigious Aston Martin Lagonda marque until the early 1990’s.
In 1991 RD components purchased Autosparks and moved the business down to Nottingham, keeping the Autosparks name.
Since then under the management of Roger Davis and a small group of long serving staff the business has grown fantastically and now supplies many well-known traders as well as shipping worldwide to the public.
Over the last few years Roger’s daughter and son-in-law have both become directors and are adding new blood to all aspects of the business, currently overseeing expansion into new premises alongside the existing management team, everyone is really looking forward to seeing how the next generation can help Autosparks go from strength to strength.