Sporting Bears Dream Rides
What better way to raise money for charity than by taking a ten-mile passenger ride in the car of your dreams?
You can do this at the show thanks to the Sporting Bears Dream Rides garage. The garage features a fantastic array of between 70-100 cars offer up for you to enjoy a passenger ride on the open roads surrounding Birmingham’s NEC.
Dream Rides brings together some of the most spectacular cars in the world for you to jump into and experience, and all you have to do is donate to a wonderful cause. The size of your donation depends on the car you want to be driven in – starting from as little as £10.
Sporting Bears Motor Club members will, on average, undertake 1,000 rides over the three-day event, with each member giving their time, their car and covering the cost of their fuel, so every penny of your donation goes to the UK children’s charities that they support.
Since Dream Rides began, the Sporting Bears have raised over £2.3 million in donations, including nearly £31,000 at last years show!
Club ObjectivesFormed in 1989, Sporting Bears Motor Club is a dedicated group of classic car and sports car enthusiasts with the primary aim to raise money for children's charities through its own social and touring events, and support of other charitable events. It is to the club's credit that annual subscriptions cover the club overheads allowing all monies raised from Dream Rides and other events to be allocated to the selected charities.
Find out more about the Sporting Bears and their fantastic work for charity.
- Birmingham Children's Hospital
- Alder Hey Children's Hospital
- Children's Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS)
- Naomi House & Jack’s Place (Winchester)
- Zoe's Place Baby Hospice (Middlesbough)
- Chestnut Tree House (Sussex)
- Rainbows Children’s Hospice (Loughborough)
- Julia's House Children's Hospice
Due to this, and as the charity sector has been hit particulary hard with fund raising activities limited by the COVID restrictions, we are also offering the opportunity to donate to Sporting Bears charities when you purchase your show ticket.
- A Defender Works V8 provided by Jaguar Land Rover Classics to mark the 70th anniversary
- The latest Alpine A110, given five star reviews by motoring critics, this reincarnation is a truly stunning sports car
- The new Morgan Plus 6, the first new model in many years, with 335bhp, a top speed of 166mph and 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds
- The brand new Aston Martin DBS Superleggera capable of accelerating to 62mph in less than 3.6 seconds with a top speed of 211mph
- Plus a fantastic mix of cars from classic British sports cars, exotic supercars and tv stars including the Maserati 3200GT recently driven by Vicki Butler-Henderson on Fifth Gear